Thursday, April 14, 2011


LTF is an amazing foundation! I have had the best experience as an intern for LTF; it has opened my eyes to a world I was unaware existed before I received the assignment as part of the BSW Social Work program at the University of Green Bay. I am learning innovative approaches to nonprofit management that my Field Instructor practices every day. Although I am impressed with the level of skill LTF is at implementing nonprofit management that is not the most impressive aspect of LTF. The dedication, morals, and work ethic is only topped by passion at LTF, the amount of time and energy given to this under represented disorder is unparalleled by any other organization I have ever been a part of. Before this placement I never heard of neurofibromatosis. This truly eye-opening experience has shown me how one “small to rest of the world” disorder can impact a family emotionally, financially, and personally. The amount of time, monetary resources and personal energy families invest is staggering and only a person of true conviction and dedication can endure this disorder. True dedication is defined, in this instance, by a mother who has a son with neurofibromatosis and has devoted her life advocating for victims and families of this disorder, pushing for public awareness, and dedicating years of her life looking to help gather research funds, and research for treatment and cure. There is no better role-model of empathy and passion I can ever hope for during the infancy of my career in Social Work.




No comments:

Post a Comment