Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Engaging in a Cure!


Wednesday June 8, 2011


Wellness is a lifestyle that has the power to heal. As a new AmeriCorps member working with the Littlest Tumor Foundation, I believe this statement is absolutely true. Before I began working for this foundation, I knew very little about Neurofibromatosis, let alone had even heard of it. I decided to dive into researching the illness and learning all I could about individuals dealing with NF. Neurofibromatosis effects 1 out of 3,000 people, which is much more common than one would think. Even though I have only been working for the Littlest Tumor for a week, I am extremely excited to embark on an incredible journey in making NF preventable. As a recent 2011 graduate from UW-Stevens Point, I graduated with a double major in Interpersonal and Organizational Communication and International Studies. My career goals are centered on improving and inspiring lives by working at the root of an aggressively passionate non-profit organization. Through the foundation’s holistic approach and dedication, families and children are helped each and every day. The Littlest Tumor Foundation is the inspirational grassroots organization I was looking for and I am thrilled to be a part of the cure this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment