Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Americorps Blogs




My Soulution





It is hard to believe that the beginning of August is right around the corner already at the Littlest Tumor Foundation. My journey at the foundation thus far, has been a remarkable experience. Too often individuals disregard lessons learned along their life path. With the pull of the universe embedded in technology and the business of schedules, people rarely take the time to give a ‘little’, reflect a ‘little’, laugh a ‘little’ or volunteer a ‘little’. In finding a solution, I have learned that it takes a ‘little’ heart and soul.





Over these past summer months, putting my soul into creating awareness, promoting wellness, and developing research, has made the solution come alive in my heart. Being able to work with children who have Neurofibromatosis has been extremely rewarding. Courage and bravery in their smiles, and positive energy it their attitudes, has taught me that the fight is always worth it. Now, more than ever, I strive to be a part of the solution. Creating awareness has been a major part of my solution, as well as pushing myself to eat my greens and practice moments of wellness. It is the ‘little’ things that can go a long way and create a big impact. I often ask myself, “what is my little?” What can I personally do today to make a difference tomorrow? When I start asking myself these ‘little’ questions, the solution becomes achievable!





Emily Wagner








23 Year Old Female, Single and Seeking a Solution





This week wraps up out 30-day Awareness Campaign and the theme is Solution. According to Dictionary.com, there are three definitions of a solution.





1. The act of solving a problem, question, etc.: The situation is approaching solution.


2. The state of being solved: a problem capable of solution.


3. A particular instance or method of solving; an explanation or answer: The solution is as good as any other.





So what I have been doing to be a part of the solution? Well the answer is not simple because the problem of NF has not yet been solved but I feel my work and dedication to the cause and the Littlest Tumor Foundation have aided in the solution.





Being a part of the solution means stepping outside of one’s comfort zone, doing something daring and exciting, reading and research, creating activities and events for awareness raising, having an open mind and devotion. A solution is not always easy to come by but there are so many things to learn along the way.





During my short time with the Littlest Tumor Foundation, I have worked daily with Emily, the best coworker one could ask for. I have also learned a great deal and have been part of a multitude of work for the purpose of finding a solution, including: an expanded knowledge of social media, how to organize an entirely free three day retreat, created a month long campaign, have been featured on the radio and in the newspaper, have met celebrities who are also dedicated to finding a solution for those charities they support, written countless letters to media outlets including news broadcasting stations, magazines and newspapers, created a quarterly newsletter for our foundation and attended community meetings and events. Emily and I have worked tirelessly to be part of the solution and continue to give our talents, skills and vigorous passion to find that solution.





Please join us to keep the movement going. You can do so by writing your politicians, getting involved in an organization such as the Littlest Tumor Foundation, attending events and benefits put on for NF and for children, just taking some time to read up on the most recent research and scientific/medical breakthroughs, etc. Do what you’re able. Anything will do. We are happy to have anyone and everyone on board for the solution.





“The important thing about a problem is not its solution, but the strength we gain in finding the solution” --Unknown





Yours truly, Bailey Murph

No comments:

Post a Comment