Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bailey NF young teen blogs for us!!!









  • When I found out that I had a tumor that needed chemotherapy, I felt like I was in a dream. "This isn't happening to me", I thought.

    I saw the shock in my mother's eyes, then I realized how serious it was.

    This wasn't just a simple NF tumor. This wasn't something to just watch. This was something that needed treatment, FAST!

    I honestly felt like they were talking about some other kid. I mean, I didn't have any symptoms. I didn't "feel" like I had a tumor in my head.

    Ever since my mom was diagnosed with NF, I have watched her attitude and how she deals with all this stuff. I made up my mind that I wanted to be exactly like her.

    Sure, I am scared...But I have decided to live my life the best I can. And to make all my decisions be ones that show someone who is looking at the bright side of things.

    Chemo isn't easy, Life isn't easy, but a better attitude makes it much MUCH better.

    I am glad to be like my mom. She helps so many people realize that living with NF doesn't have to be so horrible. I hope that I can do that for people too.

    Bailey Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment