Friday, July 29, 2011

Interning for a Solution

Hello!



My name is Kayla Guns and I am the Littlest Tumor’s intern. Before this summer I had no idea what Neurofibromatosis was and defiantly didn’t know how to spell it. But it didn’t take long to learn that this disorder had huge impacts on families and the people who live with it, especially children. Our motto is “tumors in children, we do not like them,” which I think sums up LTF in a nutshell. The Littlest tumor Foundation is truly inspiring, the people involved work so hard to promote awareness and generate the funds needed for researching a cure. The fundraisers and events that LTF puts on are always fun and allow for people suffering with NF a chance to forget their worries and spend a day with their families. Also I am impressed with the determination of LTF to become a national even global presence in the NF community. As a small non-profit, I didn’t think LTF had much of a voice outside of the Fox Cities but as the summer progresses I’ve learned that LTF is already known nationally and we’ve even had a sponsored event in Africa! I am excited to continue working with LTF this summer and see what else we can accomplish for NF. Here at LTF we are asking people to give a little, because every little bit helps. “What’s your little?”

No comments:

Post a Comment