Friday, July 22, 2011

Kristi Hopkins NF author blogs for us!!

Reason I wrote the book.


For years I lived my life hiding and denying the symptoms of Neurofibromatosis. When a doctor finally "officially" diagnosed me, in 2007, hiding was no longer an option.


It was time to face NF head on! At first facing NF was met with anger and frustration and I was becoming just like my mother.


One day, after a particularly negative blog post, my husband asked me a question, that changed my perspective forever. "Kris, I love you, and that's a great blog post....But, what if you change the way you look at NF....Why not start inspiring people to do more than just survive NF?"


That day, 'Thriving with NF' was born, and became the start of a life-long process, that I try to live up to every single day.


After a year of sharing my stories on my blog, my husband and I talked about how neat it would be, if we turned all those stories, into a book.


We worked for a year. It wasn't easy to understand that people would really want to read about my life. I kept fighting my husband and he fought back...


I never realized how many stories I had. I never realized that my attitude switch would go on to touch so many people.


Now "Thriving with NF" has become a way of life. A bar that is set, that I try to reach every single day. Some days I do better than others, but the important thing is, is that I try!

No comments:

Post a Comment